CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

My Group's Opening Sequence - 'Double Edge'

The Preliminary Task

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Movie Days

During half term myslef and my close firends Amelia Conway and Laura Allen (who both also do media) decided we needed to broaded our knowledge of films, and we decided the best way to do so was to watch lots! We took some of our favourites, some from familt collections and some borrowed from and recogmended by the school. All together we watch 8, in 24 hours!
Walk the Line, Mulholland Drive, Eternsal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Magdalene Sisters, The Shining, The Object of my Affection, Kill Bill vol 1, Kill Bill vol 2.
It was a really funcouple of days and i actually enjoyed all of the films - but some i liked more than others.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind I found particularly interesting. At first I found it very confusing, but in the end everything is revealed and in order and I thought it was really clever. The entire middle part of the film is a montage - this really kept me gripped to it as I didn't want to miss anything. Additionally it kept the pace going really well, and their was never a dull moment.
The Shining I had never seen before, and i was quite anxious to watch as I had been told by many people that it is one of the scariest movies ever. I did find it a very scary film, however I really enjoyed it. The suspence and tension that was built up was amazing, and again it made the film very gripping as you became completely engrossed in the story.
The Magdalene Sister was a very powerful film in my opinion. This was probably my favourite out of the ones that we watched. It was very realisitally done - it wasn't all bright and shiny like it was all filmed on a Hollywood film set, and i think this made it all the more believable, shocking and engaging. You really felt for every main character and resented the nuns for how badly they treated them. I found it very moving and touching film.

0 comments: